The South China Morning Publish (SCMP) has launched a white paper detailing its new non-fungible token (NFT) metadata customary known as Artifact. The usual can be used to mint historic NFTs, together with the SCMP’s personal inaugural NFT assortment.
- The SCMP mentioned that Artifact’s metadata construction can be constructed on the Circulation blockchain created by Dapper Labs, the makers of the favored NBA Prime Shot video NFTs.
- The Artifact white paper outlines a proposed governance construction in addition to the event of a devoted market for the sale of historic NFTs.
- The SCMP, which was purchased by Chinese language tech big Alibaba in 2016, first introduced its plans to develop Artifact again in July.
- “By our Artifact white paper, we stay up for inspiring different ‘guardians of historical past’ to share our imaginative and prescient of creating historical past extra discoverable, linked, and collectable,” mentioned Gary Liu, SCMP’s CEO, in a press release.
- “We’re proud for SCMP to launch this visionary undertaking that reanimates significant historic moments and we’re excited they’ve chosen Circulation to be the muse of Artifact’s launch protocol,” mentioned Mickey Maher, SVP, Partnerships, Dapper Labs.