Bitfarms (BITF) and Marathon Digital (MARA), two of the most important publicly-traded bitcoin miners, every introduced on Monday that they’d mined over 3,000 bitcoin in 2021.
- Canadian-based Bitfarms produced 3,452 bitcoin for the 12 months, whereas U.S.-based Marathon mined 3,197 bitcoin.
- Bitfarms’ whole holdings grew to over 3,300 bitcoin as of the top of the 12 months, value $151.8 million at present costs, whereas Marathon’s holdings elevated to eight,133 BTC, value roughly $375.8 million.
- Most miners started holding onto the bitcoin they mined slightly than promoting them because the 12 months went on as a result of important improve in bitcoin costs.
- Bitfarms mined 363 bitcoin in December, in comparison with Marathon’s 484.5 for the month. However Bitfarms’ month-to-month manufacturing all year long was extra constant, whereas Marathon’s bitcoin manufacturing in November dipped to simply 196 as a result of upgrades to its energy era stations minimize computing energy.
- A number of of Bitfarms and Marathon’s rivals, together with Riot Blockchain (RIOT), Hut 8 Mining (HUT) and Bit Mining (BTCM) have but to launch their 2021 mining totals.