Non-fungible token (NFT) market platform OpenSea continues to impress throughout the brand new 12 months, with adoption and buying and selling metrics on the rise. The NFT large has reached a brand new milestone within the variety of lively customers on the platform.
- Knowledge from Dune Analytics on Thursday, January 13, 2022, indicated that OpenSea has now crossed a million lively person wallets on the platform.
- The milestone is the most recent indication of OpenSea’s continued progress within the early days of 2022 after having fun with large growth final 12 months.
- Thursday’s information comes shortly on the heels of studies that the platform has seen over $2 billion in buying and selling quantity for the reason that begin of 2022 and may very well be in line for a brand new all-time excessive when it comes to month-to-month buying and selling exercise.
- Earlier in January 2022, the co-founder of the corporate Devin Finzer introduced that OpenSea raised $300 million in a Collection C funding spherical.
- This put OpenSea’s market valuation at a staggering $13.3 billion, a substantial leap from its $1.5 billion valuation again in July 2021.
- OpenSea’s barnstorming begin to 2022 can be consistent with the extent of NFT-related exercise that has characterised the early days of the 12 months, with standard collections like CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Membership persevering with to elicit large curiosity.
- Whereas the platform’s dominance stays unmatched, OpenSea may are available for some competitors from upstarts like LooksRare. The latter not too long ago launched its market with an airdrop for customers.